Friday, March 27, 2015

She Brings Her Own Sunshine

I had an amazing month guesting over on the October Afternoon blog!!! Thanks so much to Suz for inviting me to share over there.  Before I say goodbye, I have a fun layout and process video to share using the Saturday Mornings collection.
She Brings Sunshine by Heather Leopard OA

Most of you know that I have a fondness for creating visual backgrounds for my base pages. I had some scraps of paper and 3x4 journal cards and just kind of cut away at them to create the background. Then I created some fun designs in small, medium and large circles along the horizontal and vertical axises of the background.
She Brings Sunshine by Heather Leopard Circles OA

I share a tip in the video below for cutting a photo into a perfect circle when you don't have a punch or die that fits perfectly. I used it for the hexagon photo in the blog post immediately before this one and explained "hot to" in the video as I cut the circle photo for this layout.
She Brings Sunshine by Heather Leopard Title OA
This little girl definitely sparkles and shines wherever she goes so I thought it only fitting to title this "She brings her own Sunshine". I chose to focus only on the gorgeous blues and yellows (with a small bit of brown) from the Saturday Mornings collection help accentuate the story.

So there you have it, my final layout as guest designer.  Please head over to the October Afternoon blog to say hi and then you can watch the video over there.  Or here, whatever strikes your fancy.

The layout came together, relatively fast and easy.  Oh and I'd love to connect with you on Instagram @heatherleopard!


Thanks again to October Afternoon for having me this month!

6 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Really love those great stitched circle elements, wonderful layout!

Kat said...

seriously awesome layout, heather! you are quite talented!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Really love this!

Стокли said...

I love how you combined circles and rectangles, and the color combo is so nice.

Rhonda said...

Just love it! It is wonderful. :o)

Stacie said...

I love the stitching and the paper piecing to create the circles. Your daughter's picture just pops with these colors. Adore!