Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I'd Travel the World with You

I didn't intend to immediately start scrapping our Paris trip but I just couldn't resist when I opened up the Gossamer Blue January kit.  It's filled with gorgeous golds and all sorts of colors, patterns and sentiments that are just perfect for the city of love or any love you wish to celebrate.



I was immediately drawn to this background paper from the Crate Paper Kiss Kiss collection.  It had little splatters of pink pre-printed but I wanted to highlight some key words and phrases so I mixed a few mist colors + water together until I got the right hue and then painted it onto the page.


I mixed my title up a bit also accentuating certain words and then added a few little layers over, under and around my photo.


Created using the Main kit, Add-on, add-on 2 and Life Pages kit.

Oh, this photo was actually taken to send to text to our 17 year old son as a joke to gross him out but it has become one of my most favorite and treasured photos.  Our oldest girl also thinks kissing is gross (and we want her to think that as long as possible) but our youngest is quite the opposite.  When she sees us kissing, she will drop what she's doing and come hug us.  She will also often ask us to kiss, which we happily oblige.  I love that we are instilling the importance of love and sweetness in our house, whether they think it's gross or not.  I know it's making a point either way.

I have two more Paris layouts coming this month. One from the Gossamer Blue January kit and another from American Crafts Serendipity.  You can see the other Gossamer Blue one in the gallery today along with so much inspiration from the Design Team.


7 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous page and fun picture!!

Tracey said...

Wow! A gorgeous page!

Rhonda said...

Heather this layout is outstanding. I love it! I love the story too. :o) Have fun at CHA.

Chocoscrapaholic said...

I love the reason you took the photo, and the page is really gorgeous!!!

Jamie Morton said...

Such a lovely post! Wonderful picture! This layout left me speechless.
Domestic cleaning Romford

Diana Waite said...

this page is SO romantic--TOTALLY love it!

Gina Lideros said...

Love that background paper and amazing photo!