Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cutie Patootie | Pattern Play for Gossamer Blue

I'm up with a new rendition of Pattern Play for Gossamer Blue, where I'm cutting it up. Literally. Let's take a look at the page.
 

 
You may think I'm crazy but I love fussy cutting. It's so therapeutic to me. I love the flowers in the Basic Grey Mon Ami collection but with such a busy pattern, I knew I couldn't use the entire 12x12 page.
 


I cut the paper just slightly larger than 1/3 or maybe it's slightly smaller then 1/2. I adhered it to the bottom of the page, leaving a small border at the bottom. Then, I started cutting up the flowers on the leftover paper. I scattered them over the grey paper at the top and even popped some up on the bottom half, using pop dots.
 


Next, I chose coordinating patterns that pulled out the greens, yellows and greys in my photo and used them in layers around my photo. I sprinkled embellishments around the photo and here and there throughout the page and as it is with 90% of my layouts, I added the title and journaling at the end. Lucky for me, it always works out. Maybe I'm thinking about it during my planning without realizing it.

So....am I crazy or are you with me in my love for fussy cutting? I hope to see some fussy cut layouts in the Gossamer Blue gallery this month.

Supplies:
June Main kit, Main Add-on, Main Add-on 2, Life PagesKit, Life Pages Main Add-on, Life Pages Themed add-on

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this layout! All the fussy cut bits are so worth it!

CalleLillyCafe said...

I saw this on Instagram & loved it!