Sunday, February 9, 2014

Families Stick Together

Hi friends.  I'm excited that I can finally share one of the layouts I created for the Simple Stories booth at CHA. This one is using the new Homespun collection.

I just love the colors of this collection. It has such a wonderful combination of daintiness to mixed with masculine elements. I love, love, LOVE it!
True to myself, I layered and distressed fun patterns, adding fussy cut and pre-cut embellishments behind and around the photo.  Did I mention that this photo was taken by the uber talented, Allison Schnurr? Love her! Anywho, I love the doily paper so I cut some of them out and placed them around the photo and in a few other spots on the layout. And I must of been crazy when I decided to cut out all the red and blue flowers with those tiny stems and yellow buds.  What was I thinking?  Well, whatever it was, I'm glad I did it because I love what they add to the look of the layout.


I chose to use the FAMILY letters from the chipboard to make a bold title. I then used word stickers to add a sub-title. I would normally used this empty space to do my journaling but these words were too perfect.  I'll just add my journaling on the back because there's a few things I want to say about these sisters but I'd like to keep it hidden.

So whattaya think about my debut project for the Simple Stories team? I gotta say that I absolutely love their new collections and I can't wait to show you the projects I've been busy creating! Stay tuned for more soon.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

This is absolutely fabulous Heather!! Love this collection! Gorgeous page!!

Catherine1216 said...

This is lovely.

ALINE said...

Wow... This page is gorgeous!
I loved!

Lisa said...

This one came up in my Pinterest feed early on in the weekend, and I snagged it! Love the layering and the fussy cutting. Truly awesome job!

Chocoscrapaholic said...

I adore this! Great fussycutting!!